New Year’s has come and gone, and if your list of to-dos for 2018 included numerous personal and self-improvement goals, good for you – with perseverance and determination, you can do it! In addition to your personal goals, the new year is a good time to take a look at your heating and cooling system. Without regular maintenance, your heating and cooling systems can suffer a lot of wear and tear, and may be at risk of breaking down earlier than normal.
Why Taking Care of Your HVAC System Matters
Making the maintenance of your HVAC system a priority can make a huge difference regarding the life of your HVAC system. In fact, with regular HVAC maintenance, you can benefit from:
- Saved costs;
- Increased efficiency;
- Better air – changing your filters regularly means cleaner air flowing through your home;
- Less risk of emergency breakdown;
- Fewer repairs over time; and
- Longer life of your system.
HVAC System Maintenance for 2018
Here are some basic HVAC system must-dos over the course of the year. If you need help performing maintenance or have more questions, don’t hesitate to contact our professional HVAC team at Van Drunen Heating & Air Conditioning today.
- Replacing the air filter. The air filter needs to be changed at least once every 90 days, and more regularly if your home is prone to lots of dust or debris (i.e. you have pets).
- Removing debris and build up. Another thing you’ll want to do on a regular basis is remove any debris or build up that has gathered on or around the outside components of your HVAC system, such as leaves and twigs.
- Check for clogs. You’ll want to check for clogs on a regular basis, and should clean your condensate drain and trap at least once a year.
- Replace batteries in your carbon monoxide detectors. While your carbon monoxide detector may not be part of your HVAC system, it is related, as if a gas leak of carbon monoxide goes undetected, it could be very dangerous, or even fatal, for your family
- Schedule an annual inspection. Finally, replacing air filters and removing debris are things that you can do on your own, however, it is recommended that an inspection is preformed annually to save cost and to make sure the systems are running smooth
Contact Van Drunen Heating & Air Conditioning Today
At Van Drunen Heating & Air Conditioning, we install and repair HVAC systems, including furnaces, boilers, and even ductless units. If your heating and cooling system needs repair or maintenance, call us today. You can reach us by phone at 708-334-6444, or by sending us a message using the online form on our website.