Homewood Indoor Air Quality
Most people spend a decent amount of time thinking about outdoor air quality. In fact, a quick search on the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency’s website tells you all that you need to know about the air quality index and daily ozone highs. You also probably know that outdoor air quality can have a big effect on your health – pollution may do everything from aggravate your allergies to cause cancer.
But have you given much thought to your indoor air quality? If not, it is time to start – the inside of your home should be a safe and comfortable area that maximizes your health, not detracts from it.
What Is Indoor Air Quality?
Indoor air quality simply refers to the quality of the air inside, be in a home, shopping centers, or other place of business. Medline Plus states that sources of indoor air pollution can include:
- Tobacco smoke;
- Chemicals found in household products;
- Carbon monoxide; and
- Materials such as lead, asbestos, and formaldehyde.
Pollen, dust, and indoor pets can also contribute to poor indoor air quality.
Indoor air pollution can be detrimental to health. The same source cited above states that indoor air pollution can even lead to respiratory diseases and cancer. Other side effects of poor indoor air quality might include itchy and watery eyes, congestion, allergies, flu-like symptoms, asthma, and even death in the most severe of cases.
Cleaning Your Air, Protecting Your Health
At Van Drunen Heating and Air Conditioning, we think that clean air is of the utmost importance. We offer a variety of services that can help to protect your indoor air quality, and the health of you and your loved ones. Our air quality services include:
- Replacing air filters. Changing your air filters on a regular basis will help to improve the air quality within your home. Changing your air filters also reduces the prevalence of common irritants.
- Cleaning air ducts. When was the last time you had your air ducts professionally cleaned? If you are scratching your head because you don’t know the answer, we have you covered. Cleaning your air ducts on a regular basis gets rid of mold, bacteria, and other pollutants that like to call air ducts home.
- Installing air cleaners and air purifiers. In addition to the steps above, some people need an air cleaner or air purifier installed to improve air quality. This is especially common when people have indoor pets, serious allergies, or asthma.
- Other air cleaning options. In addition to the above, we also offer humidifiers (installation, repair, maintenance). We also recommend that you vacuum and dust your home regularly to prevent dust and allergen build up.
Learn More About Indoor Air Quality Today
If you are worried about the quality of your indoor air, we recommend calling our team at Van Drunen Heating and Air Conditioning today to learn more. With 48 years of experience, we know what we’re talking about when it comes to air quality. We serve homeowners in Homewood, Illinois and surrounding areas, and specialize in churches. Reach us today at 708-339-6444.