HVAC Company Near Munster
Have you already walked around your house to do your semi-annual self-check to make sure your HVAC system is working as it should in your Munster, Indiana home? If so, then you know what to look for when checking your HVAC system. If not, here a few tips that can walk you through the process before you call an HVAC company near Munster:
- Filters. Did you know that your filters should be changed every month? If you have missed your monthly deadline, be sure to change your filter now and add a note to your calendar, so you do it again next month.
- Ductwork. Make sure that the HVAC ducts around your Munster home are dent-free and do not have any torn seams. Air can escape, which costs you more money on your monthly home energy bills.
- Blue Flame. Turn your furnace on and then go downstairs and check out what the flame looks like to you. If it is a continuous blue flame, your furnace’s combustion is working as it should in your Munster home. However, if the flame is a herky-jerky yellow-orange color, call the HVAC professionals at Van Drunen Heating & Air Conditioning to fix the combustion issue with your furnace.
- HVAC Grills and Registers. Make a conscientious effort to go through each room in your Munster house and clean the HVAC grills and registers. Open them up and vacuum up the dust and dander. Then make sure you open or close the grills and registers to make sure they are operating correctly.
- Compressors. Go outside and inspect your air conditioning compressor. First, make sure that the compressor has not been invaded by nature. Then make sure your compressor is still level because if it is not level, it may reduce its efficiency. Finally, take off the top panel and check the blades. If a blade is broken, don’t’ try to repair it by yourself. Tell your HVAC repair person about it when he or she comes to your Munster home to help with other HVAC issues.
- Thermostats. Open up the thermostats and remove any dust particles inside the compartment.
At Van Drunen Heating & Air Conditioning, we want to be your go-to for all HVAC services. Now that winter is here, and everyone is thinking about their furnace, we provide many maintenance services for those living in Munster, Indiana and surrounding areas.
HVAC Maintenance Includes Checking Out Your Furnace
Furnace maintenance is significant to keep it running as it should. Some fundamental maintenance issues we can perform for you is:
- Change your furnace filters.
- Vacuum the furnace interior.
- Check the fan belt.
- Lubricate the oil bearings.
We are here to help you with all your HVAC needs in your Munster home. Contact us today.
Contact Us Today!
For 50 years we have been helping homeowners and business owners with all their Munster HVAC needs. The Better Business Bureau accredits us, and we take pride in the fact that our customers come first and always will come first. If you have any HVAC questions or need an emergency repair, call us immediately at 708-339-6444. You can also request a no-obligation quote by contacting us online.