Nov 27 2018
Is Your Furnace in Good Shape?
Now that the Autumnal Equinox has come and gone, in the Midwest, it quickly turned from Cooler Fall days to Cold Fall days! By now your furnace is running day in and day out, 24/7, seven days a week. If your first heating bill had you falling out of your chair, it’s high time to find out what is happening with that energy eating culprit — the furnace.
Does Your Furnace Show Signs that It Needs Repair?
Your furnace is a machine, and machines need maintenance. Have you scheduled your annual maintenance for your furnace? If not, it is time to do so today, and the sooner, the better. The lifespan of your heater will most likely increase if you take better care of it. If you notice one or more of the following issues that means you are need of furnace repair:
- Water Leak. If you see water near the furnace that indicates that the condensate line is clogged. Call your HVAC technician today to have it fixed.
- Gas Leak. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace and then find the gas valve and turn it off. Get out of the house and call your HVAC company to fix the leak.
- Noisy Sounds. If you hear a clanking or banging sound from the furnace something is wrong. Again, call your local HVAC Company to send a technician.
- Weak Air Stream. If there is hardly any air coming from the vents, there are few potential problems that can cause this, such as a loose fan blade or a broken belt in the motor. Contact your HVAC pronto to get this repaired.
- Broken Thermostat. If your thermostat is not functioning like it usually does, then your house is not very warm. The thermostat tells the furnace how much heat to put out. Call your HVAC repair service and let them know you need a new thermostat.
- Blows Cold Air. If your furnace blows only cold air, there is an issue with the heating element or pilot light. Contact your HVAC repair company quick.
- Constant Cycling. If your furnace keeps running, it is over cycling, and that indicates that you need furnace repair.
If you have any of these issues with your furnace, contact us at Van Drunen Heating & Air Conditioning today. We have provided HVAC service to many homes and businesses in Northwest Indiana and the South Suburbs of Chicago for over 50 years.
Contact Van Drunen Heating & Air Conditioning Today!
At Van Drunen Heating & Air Conditioning, our professional team of factory trained technicians is here to help you with all your HVAC needs! A furnace has a lifespan of roughly 16 years so that it may be time for a brand new one. Call us today at 708-339-6444, or send us a message by using the contact form on our website.