Dec 15 2021
How long can you expect your HVAC system to last?
When you invest in an HVAC system, you want to be confident that its efficiency lasts for years to come. Whether you’re searching for a new unit, or want to know whether it’s time for a new one, we’re here to help. Choosing the right system for your home is easy with our team at Van Drunen. We’re here to give you advice on which models are best and offer the efficiency you’re searching for. Whether you’re choosing a new air conditioning unit, heating system or simply want to get an idea of how many years you have until you need a new one, we’re here to guide you. Here are a few things to know about your HVAC system’s lifetime.
Choosing the right air conditioner for your home can make an astounding difference. Air conditioners should be sized correctly for your home to maintain proper airflow and efficiency. If it isn’t, you may find yourself overrunning your AC, leading to an increased rate of degrade over time. Avoid the issue by getting yours installed only by the most capable HVAC team.
In general, an air conditioner lasts about 10 to 15 years. This is just the average, however. There are several factors that impact the longevity of your AC, such as:
- Model. With so many brands on the market, you may feel unsure of which one to choose for your next AC system. Many of the models we routinely install, such as TRANE, are built to last. We can help find something with the outstanding quality you deserve.
- Energy Efficiency. Not only is an energy-efficient AC better for the environment, but it’s also better for your wallet. Since they run more efficiently, they don’t need to consume as much energy to adequately cool your home.
- Maintenance. An air conditioner that was well-maintained throughout its lifetime is more likely to be in better shape for a longer amount of time.
Heating systems typically last longer than air conditioners, with some lasting for 30 years after installation. Of course, your heating system’s lifetime depends on several factors.
- Year Manufactured. Pay attention to when your heater was manufactured and installed. The older it is, the more likely it has seen better days. Of course, with proper maintenance, it’s possible to keep your heating unit in good shape for a while longer. We can help you determine if it needs to be replaced.
- Care Throughout Lifetime. Heaters require maintenance every so often, especially before and after the beginning of the cool season. Taking care of your heating system extends its lifetime.
Winters tend to be long and chilly throughout Illiana, so you can expect to use your heater for a minimum of four to five months out of the year, making a quality unit essential.
Contact Us for An Estimate on Your Replacement
If it’s time to get a new HVAC system, look no further for the quality service and expertise your project requires. Van Drunen offers years of knowledge in the industry, and we have recommendations for brands that offer some of the most dependable quality around. With the HVAC systems we provide, you can feel confident that your family will be comfortable and safe all year round. Call us now to learn more!