Mar 2 2021
Signs You Need a New Furnace
Attempting to make it through a winter in Illinois or Indiana without a working furnace would be an exercise in survival. Temperatures can drop well below freezing in these two states, and the cold can even be dangerous in some cases. To keep you cozy and safe, a reliable furnace is a must. At Van Drunen Heating & Air Conditioning, we perform furnace repairs and new installations. If your furnace has been giving you grief, here are some signs that it might be time for a new one.
Signs that You Need a New Furnace
- You’ve already put money into repairs. Furnaces experience breakdowns over the years. These are normal and to be expected. But what’s not normal is spending money on repairs time and time again. If you have already invested in repairs on more than one occasion and something is still wrong with your furnace, then you may be better off getting a new furnace. You might even save money in the long-run by doing so.
- Your furnace is old. Another sign that it’s time to get a new furnace is simply the age of your furnace. If your furnace is between 10 and 20 years old, there’s a good chance a few repairs here and there will keep it going for a bit longer. On the other hand, if your furnace is over 20 years old, you’ll be better off replacing it.
- Your furnace has visible damage. If your furnace has damage that’s visible to the naked eye, such as cracks or rust, you should have it assessed by a professional. If the damage is significant, it’s likely that a replacement will be recommended.
- Temperatures are inconsistent or you don’t have heat. There is nothing more frustrating than a furnace that doesn’t provide consistent heat–or heat at all, for that matter–when the temperatures outside are low. If your furnace isn’t providing heat or consistent heat and you’ve already looked into repairs, do yourself a favor and invest in an upgrade. Not only will you benefit from consistent, stable temperatures by doing so, but you’ll also save money on your utility bills too.
- A professional recommends that you upgrade. The most obvious sign that you need an upgrade is a professional recommending that you replace your furnace. At Van Drunen Heating & Air Conditioning, our team has worked on furnaces for over 50 years, and we know a furnace that’s beyond repair when we see one. If a professional suggests that you’re better off getting a new furnace than attempting to repair the old, it’s worth listening.
Call Van Drunen Heating & Air Conditioning Today to Learn More
If you have more questions about furnace installation or would like to have your current furnace assessed, call Van Drunen Heating & Air Conditioning directly today or send us a message at your convenience. We are here to answer all of your furnace questions.