General Financing Click Here
Renew Financial Makes Home Comfort & Energy Efficiency
If you’re a customer of Peoples Gas or North Shore Gas, you may be eligible for a low-interest loan to purchase and install a high-efficiency furnace or boiler. Installments on your loan will be billed conveniently on your monthly utility bill. Best of all, these improvements may be eligible for rebates through the Peoples Gas or North Shore Gas Natural Gas Savings Program.
Illinois Energy Efficiency Financing Special Features
- 4.99% Unsecured, Fixed Rate Financing
- Loans from $500 to $20,000
- 100% Financing Available
- No Home Equity Required: New Homeowners OK
- No Fees to Consumer or Contractor
- Up to 10 Years to Repay
- Work must be installed by a Registered Contractor
Who is Eligible?
- Customers (named on a Peoples Gas or North Shore Gas bill) who:
- Own a Single-family home, Condo, or Multi-family building with no more than four units;
- Are installing qualifying equipment in that property; and
- Have good credit and the ability to repay
What Improvements Qualify?
Improvements must meet ENERGY STAR® or other applicable standards. Up to 25% of the project cost may be used for other necessary energy-efficient improvements.
- Natural gas heating equipment with a qualifying efficiency rating:
- Hot water boilers, AFUE > 88%
- Steam boilers, AFUE > 82.5%
- Furnaces, AFUE > 95%%
- Weatherization improvements performed bya qualified contractor per rebate program requirements:
- Air sealing and attic insulation
- Duct sealing
Can I Receive a Rebate for these Projects Too?
Yes. Customers can apply to receive a rebate on qualifying home improvements through the Peoples Gas or North Shore Gas Natural Gas Savings Program.